Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Free Nero alternatives

Tired of using Nero? or just looking around for best, free alternative for Nero CD/DVD Burner. Nero is one of the best softwre out ther for CD/DVD burning but it proves to cost quite high plus for some time now have gathered some bulk because of added features.

Below I've listed some of the best, free alternatives I can find.

1. Infrarecorder




This is what I'm currently using for my office laptop, since I need not install it plus is has all you might expect in a CD/DVD Burning software like Nero. It's also simple and straightforward. This free software's highlights are as follows:




* Support for Multi-Session
* Very Light on Resources
* Support for not just ISO, but also BIN
and CUE images
* Burning on Dual Layer DVDs is supported


2. CDBurnerXP

I guess this is the most popular free alternative for Nero but I listed it second here since I'm more for simplicity and ease of use. It's highlights are:




* Multi Language Interface
* Support for Blu Ray/HD DVD
* BIN > ISO converter included
















3.Burn At Once

This is also a great CD/DVD Burning application that can copy discs on the fly but hasn't updated for a while now. Has these features:








* Tagging of media by importing data from FreeDB
* Multi Language Support
* Drag and Drop Interface

Readers who read this page, also read:




Bookmark and Share My Zimbio http://www.wikio.com

0 comments: